Employee to Business Entrepreneur: The Story of Ms. Mwansa Charity Kasonka

Employee to Business Entrepreneur: The Story of Ms. Mwansa Charity Kasonka

by Victor Mwaekwa (TAU-Z) -
Number of replies: 0

Employee to Business Entrepreneur: The Story of Ms. Mwansa Charity Kasonka.

Hello everyone! I am Mwansa Charity Kasonka from Zambia. I hold a bachelor’s degree in business administration. I completed my Business Administration Degree Program at Texila American University (TAU) in May 2020. My experience at TAU was great. I studied while I worked at Airtel Zambia, and the program was convenient for me to continue while working.

My mentors were excellent, and they helped me out through my days at TAU. I chose business administration because am interested in business and accounting. It has helped me to become an entrepreneur. Currently, I am running my own business, procuring rice from different provinces and reselling it in my city. I buy goods from China for resale too. I am also planning on opening a store of my own in Zambia.

My education at TAU has taught me a lot on how to handle transactions, Sales techniques, both retail and ordering.

Regarding my dissertation, "I was passionate about the success in assessing the impact of corporate social responsibility on the livelihood of communities in Zambia. In my findings of this study, it was observed that an organization had made a few contributions to education. Still, it had no impact on the lives of the people in the communities where the organization implemented its CSR. Teachers from the region acknowledged that there was no follow-up mechanism as stated, and students were not direct beneficiaries of the CSR. Therefore, the organization needs to develop a reporting mechanism so that they can see the impact they are having on various communities. It is also essential for them to involve the people in the design and implementation of the CSR activities so that they can feel part and parcel of the projects.

I am delighted to be a part of TAU’s alumni, and thanks to TAU for turning me into an entrepreneur. I would recommend my family and friends to join TAU because it is a good school, and it has helped me a lot.

Attachment Employee to business entrepreneur_Texila American University.png